PokéParty Update 01

Yes, I’m serious. This is happening. You all get to see who I currently have in my party, and it won’t be the only time. And if you think you have a choice to read this, YOU DON’T!

QuilavaQuilava lvl 22 - As much as I love the Silver entry, it easily has the worst three starting Pokémon. I am not keeping this asshole around until the end. What a boring fire rodent thing. He leaves the moment I get my Ninetails.

RaticateRaticate lvl 22 – This is a bit of an odd one for me. Usually I’d get rid of my Rattata before she evolved, but the classic rats have stuck around for 3 gyms so far. She’s definitely getting the boot before the end, but she’s been useful so far. I seriously don’t expect her to be in the next PokéParty Update, though.

FlaaffyFlaaffy lvl 22 - As you can see, I like to keep my Pokeymans at consistent levels. Flaaffy is a bit of a princess, but once it evolves into Ampharos, these electric sheep are unstoppable. Had them every time I played through Silver, and this time is no exception. This baby’s never leaving my party.

Pidgeotto Pidgeotto lvl 22 – Another staple. I always have a Pidgey or Starly in my team until the Elite Four and sometimes they’re even in my final party. Fast, strong, good against fighting, and pretty badass as well, working toward a Pidgeot is a no-brainer. Expect to see this one in all the updates.

BellsproutBellsprout lvl 12 – This asshole’s only around because I need the HM cut, and I’d rather not teach it to any Pokémon I actually use. Plus, in the beginning, I rarely fill out my 6 slots. I’d rather gather the experience in a team I largely expect to go the distance. Bellsprout is actually pretty good, but excepting Roselia in Platinum, I rarely have any grass on my team.

VulpixVulpix lvl 13 – Yeah, baby! I forgot you could catch these in Silver! I’ve never had one before. I’m not going to use it until I get a firestone and make it a Ninetails, but you can bet that the moment I do, it’s goodbye Quilava and hello Ninetails. Or maybe I’ll just use it now since Ninetails doesn’t learn any moves. We’ll see!

Well, time to play more! I’m loving that you no longer have to hold down “b” to run, and that you can register two key items! Fishing rod and bike easy-access for the win!

Tags: ,

13 Responses to “PokéParty Update 01”

Ah.

Isn’t that exciting?!?!

Y’know, I was just now thinking to myself “I wonder what Pokemons Ethan has in his deck, how he rates them, and what his long-term designs for their future use are”, it would seem you have sated my curiosity. Perhaps later you could list all of their stats, and rate on cuteness in ascending order?

You should know better than to tempt me.

oh, well I just figured you’d be doing that stuff regardless …

6. Jordypie says:

Typhlosion MAY just be the coolest pokemon name in existence, though. I think Houndoom trumps both those fires – both in fire awesome and in dark badass capabilities.
    Bellsprout is the worst.
    What on earth is soulsilver?

7. Jordypie says:

Also, this banner is beautiful.

…you LIKE Typhlosion?!?! And I agree about Houndoom! I should get on that! Never had one before.

And is Malta really that far? HeartGold and SoulSilver are the just-released Gold and Silver DS remakes!

Oooohhh.. Pokémon NAME. I gotcha. And agree.
    And thank you on the banner! I was proud!

OH GOD, MY EYES! WHY WOULD YOU FORMAT THE IMAGES LIKE THAT! Now my eyes are bleeding, somebody call an ambulance! If only the images had all been aligned on the right side of the article!!1! With my last breath, I curse Ethos!!!

My current pokemon lineup:

1 – Level 100 Mewtwo – Still the only pokemon you ever need. The rest of my lineups is just for show
    2 – Level 60 NATE LILES – Just a few more levels and he’ll evolve into Lady GaGa
    3 – Level 54 Pyro – He camps around corners, scorching other trainers and stealing their pokeballs
    4 – Level 80 Cloud – He’s just here for sex appeal
    5 – Level 75 Bidoof – You know you can’t get enough Bidoof!
    6 – Level 100 Missingno – ÓE$Óh-RwýIæÁT

@SN: Vulpix will ALWAYS be at the top of any cuteness-based list. It makes it all the more tragic that, over the course of the game, you’re molding him into a heartless murder machine.

11. Josh says:

If there is a way to send items to you, I will send you a firestone.

I’m already past the Vulpix idea, I think. But thanks!

@Darth – Bah-ha referencing an IM conversation. Classic.

The only good reference is an oblique reference!