Welcome to Riddlethos Redemption Week

Welcome one, welcome all to yet another week at Riddlethos.com. For the none of you who are keeping track, this happens to be Week #44. And no, there’s no real significance behind that number. In fact, there’s none. At all.

Anyway. It’s Riddlethos Redemption Week here at Riddlethos.com, as the hastily-made banner up top indicates. (If you can’t see it, then stop using Internet Explorer, please.)

Perhaps you recall Alan Wake Week? Maybe not, it wasn’t that exciting. For anyone, really; neither Ethos or I fell in love with the game, and Ethos ditched it as soon as Mario Galaxy 2 fell into his hot little hands. As for me, well, I’m actually almost done with the game, and I have a review outlined. It’ll be late, yeah, but I still want to voice my definitive opinion on the game.

Point being, though: we both somewhat regret devoting the week to Alan Wake rather than Rockstar’s critically acclaimed blockbuster, Red Dead Redemption. So, in order to redeem ourselves, we’re having a Riddlethos Redemption Week. In honor of… well, you get it. Horrible pun, horrible. But hey, do you expect any less from us?

Alright. Well, right now, I’m about to go (hopefully) finish Alan Wake. And then I will review it. And who knows, maybe afterwards I’ll go grab a copy of Red Dead. We’ll see.

Oh, and to all our American readers: Happy Memorial Day! I hope your respective employers were kind enough to give you the day off. Like mine was. Mwa-hahaha.

Tags: ,

11 Responses to “Welcome to Riddlethos Redemption Week”

“But hey, do you expect any less from us?”

Do you really want us to answer that question? :D

I finished RDR a few hours ago. If I were hypothetically a reviewer, I would not give it a 9.7/10. It was barely fun enough to finish, but that’s about the biggest compliment I can give it. I’ll wait until you two write out your opinions before I go into detail.

Well of course not, hypothetical reviewers get paid hypothetical cash for perfect hypothetical scores …

In the tradition of putting words in 7th mouth, why do you hate RDR? Do you have something against the west? That’s where real america was born! WHY DO YOU HATE AMERICA, YOU TERRORIST?!?

Joking aside, though, I’m really surprised at how well-received this game’s been. To be honest, I was expecting it to be somewhere between “OK” and “good,” but it seems like everybody who touches it thinks it’s spectacular. I may have to pick it up at some point, but the old west as a setting’s never really appealed to me much, so I’ll probably wait until it drops to $30 or so.

RDR does make you hate America while you play it. It’s a less than subtle message throughout the game. RDR is also the most racist game I’ve played since Punch Out!! Naturally, it stays far away from making fun of blacks because you can’t do that, but whites, Mexicans and native Americans — those are people you can stereotype and mock all day.

I don’t think it was subliminally training me to be a terrorist, but it did leave me hating America 15% more.

I’m a little dubious, many seem to be loving it, but the only two sandbox games that I’ve absolutely loved were Bully and AC2. GTA4 was ok, but it got a little boring after a while.

I’ll probably get it though, as soon as I’ve bought a couple of more pressing titles.

Yeah, I’ve added it to my list of “stuff to buy eventually,” but it’s currently sitting well below Assassin’s Creed 2.

Bought, playing, enjoying. More on Wednesday. Where’s HLL?

Where do you think it is?

Behind an Alan Wake review! EXCUSED!