Welcome to Gran Turismo 5 Week

I’m following through on my promise. Perhaps I have yet to beat and review Donkey Kong, but if that happens, it’ll be the only thing I have to post about the game. More important is Gran Turismo 5. The 5 stands for announced 5 years ago.

Okay, it doesn’t, but it’s been that long. It’s releasing tomorrow, I hope it rocks. I think Forza 3 was really good, so Gran Turismo has competition for the first time.

Refresh the page, enjoy the new banner, and look forward to cars and shit.

Tags: ,

16 Responses to “Welcome to Gran Turismo 5 Week”

EA has already made some very bold claims about Gran Turismo, either they know something we don’t, or they are staffed by idiots.

Yeah, that’s a pretty dumb comment. Gran Turismo is a Sony powerhouse. And the Forza series has sold well from what I can tell, so there’s obviously a market for it.

Hell, Prologue has sold 5 million.

For all I Know Need for Speed could be better, but it seems very unlikely … At any rate GT5 will handily beat PS3 sales of Shift, is my prediction.

Oh yeah, I obviously haven’t played either game so I can’t say. I’m just agreeing that GT will sell through the roof. Every main entry has sold over 10 million (or very close to it in GT2’s case).

It’s especially huge in Europe, it could probably aggregate 2/10 and still trounce NFS in the sales department.

I have to disagree with the central basis of his claim, I really don’t see GT5 and NFS being in direct competition for the say consumers, beyond the fact that both are racing games. NFS strikes me as lighter and more arcadey (I say this with very little franchise experience), while GT5 is a full blown sim, with meticulous attention to detail.

I’m in the same boat as you for opinion and experience with the franchises. It sounds like the comment was just trying to win over casual observers caught up in the Gran Turismo hype.

LOL, yeah. It makes about as much sense as saying Halo is better than Bioshock.

9. evilpaul says:

Fix your website for IE9.

IT IS THE FUTURE, GOOD DAY SIR!

Exactly! Therefore you shouldn’t be using Internet Explorer!

Now Codemasters are saying that their racing games are better than GT5!

XD I could see that claim holding water (the GT5 being boring claim). I’m not much for sim racers, so I imagine I’d be very bored by GT5. Me remedy for this is not to buy GT5! Not taking anything away form the game, I’m sure it’ll be amazing, but that doesn’t mean it’s something I’ll enjoy. I think SN’s Halo/Bioshock analogy is apt, NFS and Burnout really aren’t aimed at the same people as GT5 in the slightest.

LOL, it’s a racing game. Provided that tracks and opponents are challenging, and the cars are fast, I really don’t see how this can be any more boring than F-1, I mean do Codemasters have Mario Kart inspired course hazards or something? Given the amount of courses and cars GT5 has on offer, I can definitely see it becoming boring less quickly than F1.

Oh, I’m sure the racing would be plenty fun, I’m talking about all the tweaking and such you have to do between races :D. Like I said, I’m sure it’ll be in-depth and fun for people who want that, but I don’t fall into that category.

Well, it also has an arcade mode, so it lets you have your racing however you want to take it.