Dead Space 2 is out Today

But I am only 50% completed with my Dead Space replay. And, while I originally intended for it to merely be a refresher course, now I’m all caught up in it and liking the idea of playing Dead Space and Dead Space 2 back-to-back. CRAZY of me? Possibly. But I’m up earlier than usual, thanks to a) the fact that I fell asleep considerably earlier than usual last night and b) the fact that my apartment complex became a goddamn full-fledged construction zone at about 8am this morning. Also, I go into work later than normal tonight. Point being, if I try real hard, maybe I can finish it up today, and start on Dead Space 2 tomorrow. Or tonight, even.

Tags: ,

12 Responses to “Dead Space 2 is out Today”

1. Sidecarsally says:

What you COULD do is take 5 minutes and put my link on your page :D

I ordered Dead Space 2 from Playasia last night, so I should have it in a couple of weeks. The reviews have sounded really terrific, so I’m looking forward to getting my hooks into this one, I’m still not sold on a vocal Isaac though …

3. Riddles says:

Vocal Isaac is my #1 worry. Though I must say, I did not mind his voice at all in the demo.

Granted, the demo was maybe 45 minutes long.

To update you all, I’m on Chapter 10 of the original Dead Space and hopefully finishing tonight, which hopefully means Dead Space 2 tomorrow.

I think vocal Isaac will be an acceptable protagonist, but he will irrevocably change the way I view his character. I viewed Isaac as an inhuman instrument of death and badassry, I get the feeling that he will feel more vulnerable now, which will enhance the horror, but diminish his tough as nails aura.

5. DefChaos says:

Little Big Planet 2 and Mass Effect 2 have claimed my financial and time budgets for now, but I’m really looking forward to playing this soon. I’m thrilled that Extraction comes with it as well, as I missed out on it for the Wii.

Extraction only comes with the initial batch of limited edition copies of the game, so if you want it then you should look at getting it soon.

7. Andogo says:

Following kotaku and engadget liveblogs of the Sony event right now. It’s a good thing the PSP2 isn’t coming out until winter, otherwise Ethan’s gonna be turning tricks on the corner of Bloor and Bathurst.

I’m actually dropping one of my famous “mehbombs” at the announcement.

@Andogo: He’s going to be doing that regardless.

That is a true thing that is true!

11. DefChaos says:

@SN: Thanks, wasn’t aware of that. :)

You’re welcome!