Another Ethos Confession

Ethos’ Confession #2: Although having one in my possession for quite some time, I never legitimately owned an original Playstation.

Tags:

12 Responses to “Another Ethos Confession”

1. Constipated_Cow says:

Because N64 was better and had many more masterpieces.

Maybe it had more masterpieces, but I don’t think you’re qualified to say it was a better system.

PS1 destroyed N64.

@SN – Cow never possessed a PSOne (despite my confession, I possessed one for a number of years, and then my PS2 covered it with backwards compatibility), and I don’t know how much he ever played for it. Hence my original comment!

PS1 had more masterpieces also.

Not that Mario, Golden Eye, and Blastcorps weren’t completely awesome.

Well that’s where it gets more subjective. You don’t care for OoT or MM, or a number of other Nintendo properties.
    However, I’m not on either side here. I loved the N64/PSX generation for both the consoles.

Well even if one were to refrain from counting the quality of both systems classics (which I would contend is much higher on the PSX) there is still the fact that Sony simply had more masterpiece games. That’s not really subjective, Sony simply had more of them. Because it was the more popular system.

OoT, Majora’s Mask, Mario, Waverace, Golden Eye, Perfect Dark, Blast Corps, Turok, Banjoe Kazoie, Banjo Twoie, Pilotwings (if I’m being very generous). That’s not a list to sneeze at, but it is not a list that could even dream of going toe to toe with the PSX.

I guess I’m just less familiar with the PSX masterpieces because I never had it as long and so played fewer masterpieces. Metal Gear, FFVII, FFIX, Gran Turismo, and…?

MGS,FFVII, FFVIII (debatable), FFIX, Xenogears, Chrono Cross, Vagrant Story, Final Fantasy Tactics (I won’t count all those SNES releases) RE, RE2, RE3, Silent Hill, Gran Turismo, Gran Turismo 2, Grand Theft Auto, Grand Theft Auto 2, Crash Bandicoot, Crash Bandicoot 2, Soul Rever (debatable), Tekken, Tekken 2, Tekken 3, Policenauts, Suikoden, Suikoden II, the Lunar remakes, Arc the Lad II.

There are a few other games such as Spiro and the Tomb Raider games that should probably be counted as classics, but they’re pretty shitty really.

12. Andogo says: