Mr. Sunshine Premieres Tonight

Yeah this has been a great week of handheld gaming, blah blah. But I’m a whore and my Modern Family reviews really bring in the hits for our site, and I like talking about TV, so it’s here to stay; no matter how irregular (that’s what she said?)

Not to be misleading because this isn’t about Modern Family (although the show has been good as of late). If you remember a list I made back in August, I mentioned that I had my eye on Mr. Sunshine, Matthew Perry’s new single camera comedy.

The promos don’t have me sold either way, so I’m looking forward to judging for myself tonight. It’s on at 9pm EST on ABC or CTV depending if you’re in Canada or the States. If you’re elsewhere, then I have no idea!

Also, if you didn’t see the Dungeons & Dragons episode of Community last Thursday, then you’re not a real nerd.

Edit: Turns out that Canada gets it two days before the states, so you suckers south of me will have to wait until Wednesday. 8pm EST on CTV Mondays, 9:30 EST on ABC Wednesdays.

Tags: , , , ,

8 Responses to “Mr. Sunshine Premieres Tonight”

1. evilpaul says:

Matthew Perry’s only legitimately funny screen time was in the Whole Nine Yards. And he was mostly just along for the ride in that role.

I think the guy has great comedic timing. Friends was a mediocre show, but I think he’s a truly funny guy. The show might be horrible, who knows, but I’m definitely not writing it off.

Matt Perry isn’t dead yet? Why?

Canadians never die. And the premiere was strong!

I have yet to see a Matt Perry performance that could be described as anything other than vacuous.

Despite never being a part of great projects, I think he has always had great timing and physical comedy and potential for more. Mr. Sunshine could easily be his best project. Lots of promise.

So harsh on Friends! Did you guys only see the last few seasons? It was funny at first, and gradually gets worse until the ending seasons of the show was totally awful. I had a roommate in college who was a Friends fanboy, would day 1 the DVDs as they came out, and then regularly watch episodes of them when I wasn’t hogging the TV with video games. The first 2 or 3 seasons were funny.

I actually saw all 10 seasons in a row late last year. It has heart, and has a few laughs, but I standby my description as “lukewarm”.