An update on all the stuff I can do before you.

Just saw an advanced screening of Paul and it makes so many nerdy references, your face will bleed. Also, it was a lot better than I expected. Really a great movie.

Also, I got my grubby little hands on a 3DS unit. It’s not mine, but it’ll be in my possession for the next few weeks. I’ll be bringing you impressions/reviews when I can/am allowed to.

Hope all’s well!

6 Responses to “An update on all the stuff I can do before you.”

Is there an embargo specifically stating that you can’t tell anyone it gives you headaches, and after 40 minutes of play your eyes are crossed for the next few hours? Just nod yes or no if you can’t speak an answer.

Bah-ha, well I’ve only ever played the system while hungover, actually, but while I don’t get a headache or crossed eyes, it definitely IS disorienting. So now I either play with it on the lowest possible 3D setting or in 2D mode. Lowest possible is actually really nice. It doesn’t drive my brain crazy, but the effect is present.

BUY THE 3DS! THE LOWEST 3D SETTING ISN’T COMPLETELY HORRIBLE!!! RESERVE ONE TODAY!

Actually really nice > isn’t completely horrible

Hrm, it seems to change game to game too. Despite Pilot Wings being awesome, the graphics are broken when the 3D slider is all the way up. Not the case for the other fluff-titles.

6. Eric J says:

I’ve messed with a 3DS all of 10 minutes, playing Pilot Wings and Face Raiders (or whatever it’s called). I’m not entirely sold on the system yet (admittedly, having only played just those), but for me – even with 3D turned on to its minimal effect – I could see myself potentially getting a headache after 30 minutes or so. There was just enough of a strain that I’d probably play with it off almost entirely, and that makes me just a little sad. The 3D will affect everybody differently on an individual basis for sure, and I make it a point to tell people that.

The system itself seemed of decent build quality; I definitely prefer it over the DSi XL.

Those’re my thoughts.