Ethos’ Hype List: Dragon Age 2

I admit I like the logo for Origins better.

I haven’t even beat Dragon Age: Origins.

While I’d like to think otherwise, it’s very unlikely that I’ll beat it before I buy Dragon Age 2. Still, somehow I find myself very excited for this sequel.

I forget what exactly distracted me from Origins, but I adored my time with the game, and Riddles’ demo impressions have revved me up for the changes made.

Still, going in blind comes with downsides. While it might mean that nothing is holding back my fanboyish excitement, it also means that I’ll be less prepared for any disappointments.

Either way, I’ve been really enjoying a lot of bite-sized titles recently, so I think I’m ready to sink my teeth into something, and Dragon Age seems to be the perfect choice to fit that bill. I’m going to play the demo tonight, but I want to get the ball rolling with this list, so here’s my Hype Rating:

Anticipation Level: 20/27

Tags: ,

6 Responses to “Ethos’ Hype List: Dragon Age 2”

I think it will be worse than the original, still looking forward too it though.

2. Andogo says:

I haven’t finished the first DA either. I dunno, I just never really cared about the characters.

I really can’t tell from what I’ve seen/played. Either way, Mass Effect 2 wasn’t as good as 1, but it was still an awesome game. I can’t afford it, but I’m going to see if I can trade-in credit my way to a “purchase”…

I’ll probably hold off getting it. I hope to be able to afford a new PC soonish, and if I can then that would obviously be the ideal way to experience DA2.

Just wondering why you decided to go with an anticipation scale of 27?

Well, moreso for DA: Origins, it would seem. I’m getting it tonight if they have a copy for me. I have enough trade-in credit for it.

And I’m semi-surprised it took somebody long enough to ask! I arbitrarily used to use a scale of 27 for kicks back in high school. I got so used to it that I actually prefer it sometimes. There’s no logic to it. Maybe I’ll start reviewing with that scale.